Pathway2Careers helps connect individuals to the power of labor market information (LMI) with customized training and professional development experiences. These learning opportunities, designed explicitly for educators, focus on presenting basic content and strategies for use of LMI in educational practices. P2C is committed to providing clear and engaging instructional materials that significantly enhance the use of education-focused LMI in your community.
The P2C online training experiences provide access to the following features.
This introductory course looks at how labor market information can be used to connect with the future of work and reveal critical directions for policy and practice that supports employment success for students. Each module is approximately one hour in length and concludes with a brief learning assessment.
- Module 1: The Future of Work
- Module 2: Using LMI to Connect to the Future of Work
- Module 3: Learning to Use LMI
- Module 4: Incorporating LMI into Career Exploration, Planning, and Policy
In this course, methods for identifying and connecting students with local high-value careers are discussed. Career exploration tools are introduced that can be used alongside labor market information to assist in informing and preparing students for career opportunities in their communities. Each module is approximately one hour in length and concludes with a brief learning assessment.
- Module 1: Informed Career Exploration
- Module 2: Identifying and Sharing Local High-Value Careers
- Module 3: Career Pathways and Planning
Course 3: Using LMI to Build Education-Industry Partnerships
This course explores the use of LMI to identify high-value careers and establish connections with local employers offering these career opportunities. Strategies for assessing and responding to local workforce needs are introduced, as well as methods for building work-based learning opportunities for students. Each module is approximately one hour in length and concludes with a brief learning assessment.
- Module 1: Identifying and Connecting with Local High-Value Careers
- Module 2: Methods for Communicating with Local Employers
- Module 3: Assessing and Responding to Local Workforce Needs
- Module 4: Establishing Work-Based Learning Opportunities for Students
Course 4: Advanced Topics in Labor Market Exploration
This course delves deeper into terms, definitions, and strategies that support effective and efficient use of labor market information. Completion of this course supports accurate use of LMI and the ability to compile LMI into well-organized reports. Each module is approximately one hour in length and concludes with a brief learning assessment.
- Module 1: Advanced Terms and Definitions
- Module 2: Common Challenges and Misconceptions
- Module 3: Developing Clear and Effective Reports